SdCNHA Photo Contest will be open February 18, 2017 – March 10, 2017.
The Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area will be hosting a photo contest. Show us your Heritage Area! We would like to showcase the area through the eyes of the people who live in it. SdCNHA is committed to a future for history and heritage we want to see it through your eyes. We’d like to know: “What does Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area mean to you?” Is it in the towns? Is it in the forest or the parks in your area? Are there people, culture, or the tiniest details in it? How do you live? Capture those vibrant moments and express what the Heritage Area means to you!
The Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area includes Alamosa, Conejos, and Costilla Counties at the southern end of the San Luis Valley. The Alamosa, Baca, and Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuges and the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve are within the heritage area, the Rio Grande National Forest and some BLM lands are also included. Photos submitted must be taken within the SdCNHA.
Photos must be submitted to our email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo Contest Rules
The SdCNHA Photo Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Board Members, Employees, or interns are free to enter photos however not eligible to win any prizes.
The Photo Contest is sponsored by Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area, 623 4th Street Alamosa, Colorado 81101 (“Sponsor”). This Photo Contest is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
The Photo Contest begins at 12:00am EST on February 18, 2017 and ends at 11:59pm EST on March 10, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Photo Contest.
What to Enter
SdCNHA is committed to a future for history and heritage we want to see it through your eyes. For our 2017 Photo Contest, we’d like to know: “What does Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area mean to you?” Is it in the towns? Is it in the forest or the parks in your area? Are there people, culture, or the tiniest details in it? How do you live? Capture those vibrant moments and express what the Heritage Area means to you!
To ensure eligibility for the contest, please submit files no larger than 20MB at the time of entry. Higher resolution files of 240 dpi/ppi at least will be requested should an entry be preselected to be awarded a prize or an honorable mention. All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
Entries may originate in any format — including, but not limited to digital files, digital prints, color transparencies, color prints, or black and white prints — so long as they are submitted electronically in a .JPEG .jpg, or.png form. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single “High Dynamic Range” image are acceptable.
Entries should include metadata if at all possible. Caption information should include:
- Name of location (ex: Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve)
- Detailed caption of subject matter
- Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license (see “Your Rights” below). You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to SdCNHA upon request.
- If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to SdCNHA upon request.
The following submissions are ineligible:
- Photographs of pets or domestic animals.
- Images of captive animals photographed in zoos and commercial game farms.
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife, or damage to the environment by the photographer.
- Images that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
- SdCNHA shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.
How to Enter
- All images must be submitted through our email email@example.com, including all required fields, including name, email and other information about your photo submission.
- You can select an image directly from your computer desktop, or submit images from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for consideration in the contest. Digital images that are sent via mail will not be accepted.
- You may enter an unlimited number of times, but you may not use an agency or automated system to enter. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
Photo submissions will be published
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit — including ownership if applicable.
If you submit a photograph to enter the Photo Contest, you grant SdCNHA a royalty-free, nonexclusive right to:
- Display the photograph on the Photo Contest submission website (www.sdcnha.org)
- Allow third-parties to share the photograph on the following social media platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.
- Use the photograph on the Internet and in Social Media in support of our mission.
- Use the photograph in SdCNHA’s internal and external communications materials including but not limited to web sites and web publications, fact sheets, fundraising publications, advertising, multimedia, presentation and membership services, annual report and Nature Conservancy magazine.
- Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for SdCNHA-related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, videos, membership premiums, and the like.
- Use, in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Retain a digital copy of your photograph that will be archived in the SdCNHA photo library and accessible to SdCNHA staff via the SdCNHA internal online photo archive.
- The SdCNHA will endeavor to credit all photographs with the caption “Person’s Name” when the full name is available.
Release and Limitations of Liability
- By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Photo Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Photo Contest; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) late or undelivered mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Photo Contest; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorney fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Privacy and Publicity
- Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to email@example.com.